These boys really crack me up sometimes. Today, over lunch, they had the most entertaining conversation yet, involving all three of them, and from their perspective it was pretty hilarious!
It all started when I asked them if they wanted ketchup with their sweet potato fries. I accidentally got a little bit on Everett's macaroni, prompting Ethan to say, "Everett, do you want some ketchup on your mac-n-cheese?"
Everett laughed and then the round table, turn-taking, discussion of ketchup on various foods, objects and body parts began. Ketchup on the ceiling, on toast, on the windows, on toes, ketchup on a picture frame, ketchup on the light... if they could see it or think it, it was named.
I didn't find it as funny as they did, actually it was slightly disgusting, but I couldn't help but stand back and listen, happily watching my boys interact over lunch, discussing the funny places ketchup could be and then giggling to each other at the end of each statement.
Elliot even engaged in the conversation, saying in his sweet, slightly stuttering, little voice, "Wouldn't it be funny if... someone put ketchup... on their face?" followed by a chorus of giggles.
Silly boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment