Monday, October 10, 2016

Yellow Banks, Yellow Flowers, Mushrooms and a Playground

Today we took some time to enjoy the beautiful fall day and play at our favorite park, Yellow Banks Park.  I needed to grab a few photos of some fall flowers for a commissioned scripture print, and the boys just wanted to get out, explore and play on the playground, so we headed out.  It was a fun afternoon and reminded me why I love the Iowa fall temps so much!

When we got to the park we headed out on a little hike in through the woods.
On our hike, we spotted a few interesting items, especially this puffball mushroom cluster on a dead log.  I had to show the boys what it did.  They were all impressed!
I believe this is a type of puffball mushroom.  Watch what happens!

A cloud of spores coming out when Ethan pushed on the mushroom with the bark.


After the hike, we played at the playground for a bit and Eli enjoyed his favorite part, the swings!



This kid loves the swing!
The other kids spent time acting crazy and sliding back and forth.  I had to get a photo of their silly faces as they giggled and took turns.


  

Ethan thought he was going to crash into me!
 




Everett spotted this impressive wasp nest as we were getting ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...