Thursday, February 25, 2010

I passed the test!!!

Last month, at my OB appointment I thought I needed my Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) so I fasted all day (I had scheduled an afternoon appointment), went in for the test and ended up failing by a few points. I was pretty disappointed, but luckily, Dr. Studer was willing to scratch that test because I wasn't really to get it that time, I was to have it at my next OB appt, so we had another shot at it. Plus, it is probably more accurate if I don't fast all day, so I was okay with retesting.

Also, it was a bit of a wake up call for me because I was indulging in Pizza Hut personal pan pizza every day for lunch accompanied with bread sticks and a pop, which isn't the best thing for my diet.

So, today I had my official GTT. I have tried to clean up my eating habits a bit, cut back on the pizza consumption, and cut out pop, so I was hoping I would have an improvement.

Well, I don't know if it was my diet changes or if it was the fact that my appointment this time was at 8AM, but My 1 hour GTT was 68! Last time it was 157.

Things are GREAT! Also, to make things even better, my total weight gain on paper from my first visit is only 13 lbs!!! I looked at my OB records from my pregnancy with Ethan and by this time with him I had already gained 26 lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...