Well, 1 hour and $25 later, we came out with a whole lot of gems!! I am amazed, every time I go, at the great finds I come across and the amount of books I seem to be able to carry! (Yes, my friends are telling me I have a problem!)
Our bargin finds this trip minus The Twister Hop-Scotch Game (not pictured)
This time our MAJOR find was the Domino Rally Mad Lab Set. I spotted the box when we walked into the backroom, and I knew right away it was exactly what Ethan would want. He saw me pull it down from the stack of board games and couldn't wait to have me "check it" so we could put it in our cart. So, with Everett strapped securely in the cart seat, and his overall pocket filled with goldfish crackers, I started to look through the box to make sure the main parts were there. It looked like it had most everything, and since it was 50% off the sticker, I couldn't pass it up for only $1.
Ethan couldn't wait to get home and play with it! I was happy to realize, when we opened the box at home, that not only was the set complete, but it also included a battery powered Domino Dealer that worked! SCORE!
Ethan, showing off his Domino Dealer!
So, today, I couldn't put it off any longer. Ethan was foaming at the mouth wanting to set everything up, and with the neighbor kids slipping and sliding in the water across the street and Everett taking his afternoon nap, it was perfect timing.
We set everything up and the only missing piece was the Slimy-Goo that pours out of the Mad Scientists mouth. So we made our own Slimy-Goo.
Slimy-Goo Recipe
1 4 oz bottle of white glue
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp Borax powder
food coloring of choice
Pour white glue into glass bowl, fill empty glue bottle x 2 with warm water and mix with glue. Add desired amount of food coloring and stir until well mixed. In a measuring cup, measure 1/2 cup warm water and dissolve 1 tsp Borax. Slowly pour borax solution into colored glue mixture and stir with spoon until you have the courage to kneed with your hands (you will not need a lot of the borax solution). Drain off excess water and store in an airtight container. (For firmer goo, add less water.)
So, with the finishing touches of the Slimy-Goo and the water filled test tube to make the brain powder (included in the set) foam, we were ready to start the show.
I pulled out the video camera and Ethan got his position at the start line. Everett woke from his nap while we were making the slime so I had to keep him away before we started the show, but he clapped and cheered too!
It was great and the best part was the Slimy-Goo! When we were done, Ethan couldn't wait to do it again! I don't think he even cared he was missing out on the water fight fun outside. With a $1 thrift store find, Mom was pretty cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment