Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Beggars Night - Halloween 2012

This year, Halloween was a little more relaxed. Elliot had a touch of pneumonia, so I stayed home with him and helped Grandma Huffey handout candy. It's been our tradition to have her over to pass goodies to the 100+ kids we get each year, allowing Derrick and I can take the older two around to the neighbors.

This year I went the easy route for costumes. Ethan had originally wanted to be a LEGO man, but after some research on the web, we both decided to save that one for a different year down the road.

Thankfully, he settled on being a football player, and I picked up a perfect (had to be divine intervention with this one) Iowa Hawkeyes jersey, pants and helmet on Craigslist a few weeks before the big night. He was excited and I was surprised it fit him perfectly!

 
 To go along with the football theme, I had an idea to make Everett a referee and Elliot a football, but only got around to the football costume, which consisted of brown clothing and a few strips of medical tape.

I pulled out one of Ethan's past costumes for Everett. He was more than satisfied as a cow and went door to door saying "MOOO! Trick or Treat!". Very cute!





It is a tradition in Des Moines (I found this out when I first moved here) for the kids to tell jokes while they beg for candy, so of course Ethan had a football themed joke:  What is the difference between a quarterback and a baby?  One takes a snap and the other takes a nap!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...