The Proverbs 31 devotion from yesterday is an awesome reminder for me and very adaptable to a variety of situations in my everyday life.
I have been here, or close to here, many times, feeling completely defeated, like I have nothing left in me to give. Not just with relationships, but mostly with the everyday tasks that pile up and leave me feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, and stranded, without direction.
Defeated by housework, a fussy baby, the struggle with a child that chooses not to follow directions, mental exhaustion over the events in the news, dog vomit, the stalemate in a debate, the never ending pile of laundry, deadlines, menu planning, illnesses, gloomy winter days, time management, nap schedules, or even the simple responsibility of being the one to make decisions and feeling like there is no one to counsel with. The list goes on and on.
I know I am not alone in experiencing these feelings, actually they seem to be topics of conversation. It is amazing how quickly we can become exhausted by the pressures, tasks and daily struggles of this world; we alone, become quickly defeated.
This all seems so grey and doomish, but sometimes we forget the key, the trump card, the never ending fountain of life, that can change everything. This devotion helped remind me of that.
Yes, I might be defeated, but the Spirit of God is not, and because He lives in me, He will become my everything and together we will overcome!! But this doesnt happen automatically... I have to open up and receive this help, allow the Spirit to fill me up, give me strength and courage to press on. I have to come to realize that the way I have been doing it might not be His way, and accept His way, even if it hurts, for the plan and power of God is perfect.
http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/when-you-dont-have-it-you-1-2013-01/
No comments:
Post a Comment