Friday morning is always a busy time in our house. Friday is the day of our homeschool co-op and the kids are usually bouncing off the walls excited to go play with their friends and go to "school". It is also a morning where I run around looking like a chicken with my head cut off shouting through the halls "Where are your shoes? Who spilled the cereal? Get off your brother. Did you brush your teeth? Who fed the dogs? Why are you licking the floor? (Elliot has been doing this lately and we have no idea why.) Do you have your backpack? Why are you still not dressed? Hurry up, were going to be LATE!!"
This year has been slightly better, I've really been trying to get everything packed the evening before and loaded by the garage door so that I don't run around at the last minute and waste so much time tracking things down. I also give the two neighbor girls a ride to co-op so they can help us with the nursery kids, so I have been trying to improve on my time management skills to make sure we arrive early enough so they can manage the kids in the gym as we set up.
It all has been going pretty well. Today we got loaded in the van on-time, I had my lesson all planned out and was looking forward to teaching it, and no one was fighting! It was going to be a great day! When we arrived at the church we all went inside and I went to grab the key to unlock all the rooms that we used. The boys were playing in the entry area and before I knew it Ethan was running up the steps after me shouting "Everett is bleeding!!!". I could hear Everett crying and it took a second to register but then it hit me "Oh no!! Seriously! Not again!! He just had stitches." I shouted running down the steps. Everett was sitting on the floor, his hands over his forehead and blood streaming down his face. He looked up at me, blood running into his eyes and continued to cry. Blood was everywhere... all in his hair, all over his shirt and starting to drip on the floor. He had been running, playing with his brothers, and ran smack into the corner of the countertop with his forehead.
I scooped him up and hurried down the hall, through the dark church to the bathroom, praying it didn't need stitches. Once we were in the light my heart sank... it was pretty deep and probably needed 1-2 stitches. BUMMER!!
I called Derrick and he came to pick up Elliot, Ethan stayed at co-op with my friends, and I drove Everett to the doctor to determine if sutures were needed or if we could just get by with glue. Sure enough, after looking at it, he suggested it to have a few stitches. Just to get it clean was a difficult task because he still remembered how much he didn't enjoy his last injury repair, so we decided it was best to save him the emotional trauma and try and glue it. It worked, so we drove back to co-op for the last 20 minutes. His friends were all so happy to see him and Ethan was relieved that he was ok.
It will take some time to heal, and he will be fine, but this mommy is pretty bummed that he just added scar #2 to such a sweet little face! I don't know what to do... he is such an active kid. A friend suggested duct taping him to a chair... hmmmm... maybe she has a good idea. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment