Monday, May 18, 2015

It's Smoothie Time


We are doing a smoothie challenge (a smoothie a day for 30 days) with some friends, and so far Ethan is the most excited. 

It's perfect for him at his age right now. He can experiment with different combinations, practice his cutting skills, and share responsibility of meal prep during the day.  I actually enjoy it more too since I don't have to prep all the fruit and veggies alone.  He's really a great helper.  


So far we haven't gotten too crazy with the combinations, and have stayed within the 2-3 fruit + carrot + spinach/kale combo, until today when we added oats since we didn't have any more carrots. I think keeping enough produce in the house is going to be the biggest challenge!

Everett is the least excited about the new addition to our menu.  I honestly believe it's because of his texture issue and the mind-over-matter issue he has with things that gross him out.


For example, about a month ago Elliot stepped in dog poop outside with his bare feet while playing.  (Eeeewwwww yes!)  I asked Everett to help me by providing him with a wetwipe, to wipe it off, since my hands were busy at that moment and my overly pregnant belly was having problems with bending.

Everett complied, but instantly started gagging while he helped Elliot clean his foot.  He couldn't help it, the more he tried to help, the more he gagged.  I was afraid he was going to throw up so I took over the task.  Poor guy!

So, after making a smoothie today, and with him not able to drink it once again, he suggested that maybe next time he sits on the couch while we make it so he doesn't see what we put in it.  I thought that was a good idea.

We might make a smoothie for snack today, or maybe wait until tomorrow?  When ever it is, we will see how it goes with him not watching the process, and see if he can stomach it.  I hope so because the smoothies are actually pretty good!  Elliot thinks so too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...