We are on the road again, and it feels good to be heading on
a new adventure. I speak for myself, as
Derrick has been enjoying the last few months at home, catching up on things
with the properties and just enjoying not traveling, so if you ask him he
probably will not share the same excitement.
But for me, I have been itching to leave since we returned home from Mississippi in
January. I’m always up for a trip to
somewhere new.
While packing, I realized I misplaced the charger to the DVD
players, so there will not be any “in-route-movie” on this trip, but when I
told Ethan the news he didn’t seem too concerned.
Me: Sorry buddy, I can’t seem to find the DVD power cord.
Ethan: How far did you say we have to drive?
Ethan: How far did you say we have to drive?
Me: 8 hours.
Ethan: Oh, we don’t need a movie then… 8 hours is not long
at all.
Me: Ok, great. (I was thankful I didn’t have to hook up the
contraption and also glad to hear that he doesn’t think 8 hours in the car is a
long trip! Oh the possibilities!)
So, as usual, it took me about an hour to load/organize the
van and we were on the road, (only about 2 hours behind my projected time to
leave) but not a big worry, we are taking this vacation with very low expectations, especially since we are traveling with a 6 week old.
So, we are off.
Hopefully we will make it to Minneapolis
before we have to stop, and hopefully Eli doesn’t cry the whole rest of the
trip, but right now things are going great and he’s looking to be a pretty
happy traveler. Time will tell. If this doesn’t go well it might be the last
vacation Derrick allows me to book for a while.
| After a few hours, the kids were allowed to play their electronics until we stopped for gas and a restroom break. |
| Mr. Eli, enjoying his first road trip. |
| Napping comfortably. |
No comments:
Post a Comment