Monday, March 14, 2016

Speed of Life

The world just keeps spinning... oh, what I would give to have the pause button for life, even just for a day, just slow things down, take it in and catch up for a moment.

Our boys are growing so quickly.  Everett is reading chapter books and has just lost his first tooth, and Eli is 11 months old and has taken 5 steps on his own today.  Elliot is reading, growing so tall that he's going to pass his older brother soon, and Ethan, who is just a few inches shorter than me, is turning into quite a little gentleman, with his kind spirit and caring heart.  Derrick and I keep noticing more and more gray hairs, and no matter what we do, life just keeps zipping by!

It's great, though, to see our children grow, change, and become more independent, thriving as little humans, but at the same time, it feels like sand, slipping through our fingers much too quickly while we try to grab a glimpse of each grain as it passes by.

The nights with a baby are interrupted frequently with nursing and diapers, but even though, it too will pass before I know it.

So, for right now, I'm going to be intentional to enjoy the moment, even if it passes by in a flash.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...