Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Not just one tooth... THREE teeth



Yep... THREE teeth are now on their way in! Today, while Ethan was being exceptionally crabby, I decided I would give him some medicine (Baby Orajel) for his aching gums. I stuck my finger in his mouth to put the medication on the bottom gum and to my surprise noticed a sharp object at the top of his mouth also. I ran my finger up along his gum line and there they were, 2 GIANT teeth, about 3 times the size of that little tiny tooth that is trying to make its way to the surface on his bottom gum line. Wow. No wonder why he has been so crabby!

I paused for a second as I looked at these massive teeth. Then panic came over me... THEY ARE IN THE WRONG SPOT! You see, I have always thought, and read, that the first teeth to come in are the middle two top and bottom. Then the others begin to come in. So you could understand my confusion when I was looking at FANGS beginning to form.

I looked at the clock in that next moment, it was 5 minutes to 5:00. I needed to call Dr. Timboe! I needed an opinion. He assured me that although the most common first teeth to come in are the front 2 on the top and bottom, Ethan would be fine with the canine (aka. Dracula Fang Tooth) coming in first. He would look funny but he would be fine. He even told me to call my dentist if I had anymore questions.

So my second phone call was to Megan. She also told me the the first teeth to come in are usually the bottom 2 and top 2 but she would check with one of the dentists to find out what they thought; he said that he would be fine... but look a little funny also!

Well, they are on their way in... and there isn't anything we can do about it. I was just soooo surprised to see those teeth, large as life, in that little mouth! Poor little guy, now I know why he has been such a fussy butt.

I hope the other teeth come in shortly to help fill everything in... if not... I know what Ethan will be for Halloween... Dracula or a Jack-o-lantern. Either way, he is still cute as ever!

1 comment:

  1. Glad my blog could help you out, Lisa (about the teething out of order issue). From the pics you posted, it looks like they might be his lateral incisors, not his canines, so he likely won't quite be a Dracula.

    Your son is so handsome!! And, since I have a 10yo we named Ethan, of course, I think he has a great name!! :D

    Also, my dearest childhood friend, Lori, lives out by you, in Waukee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...