What is better on a cold winter day than to snuggle up under a cozy blanket, in your PJ's, on the couch, with a good book? Snuggling with your favorite little person at that same time and reading him his favorite book/books over and over again.
Reading, it is one of Ethan and my favorite activities. He absolutely loves reading books and looking at the pictures when I read. I enjoy the time we get to spend together, quiet, relaxed, with him snuggled into my lap. It is nice to take a break from the busy day of a 10 month old and relax reading a book together.
For about the last week, when we have been reading together, Ethan has been using his finger to point at the pictures in the book. It wasn't until today that I figured out that he is copying me. When we read, I point to the words on the page as I read them, and then point out what it is we are reading about. Today, when reading, he was pointing to the top of the page were the words were, I took his hand and instead of my finger following the words when I read, I used his finger and ran it along the words. He laughed! We read the book 2 more times like that and he was so happy, I am glad he is noticing the words and not only the pictures.
I love our reading times, it is a great experience for both of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment