Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Big Tub


We started Waterbabies Class at the YMCA on Friday, January 11th and it was a pretty good first class. Ethan didn't know what to think about the water at first, he gave me that worried look and did the "uh uh uh" whine a few times while we got comfortable with the water temperature. When we started singing and moving he was having a great time! He was smiling and laughing and was even splashing and put his face in the water a few times (on accident of course). The instructor invited us to join the toddler class that followed our class, but I didn't want to push it... maybe next time!

Since we are in the class now and he is almost outgrowing the kitchen sink, we moved to the "Big Tub" on Sunday for our first bath upstairs! I know, I know... he is almost a year and I have been bathing him in the kitchen sink this whole time? Yeah... I haven't heard of any psychological condition associated in bathing in the kitchen sink for the first year of life... it was so much easier... not having to bend over and using the faucet sprayer to rinse... I wish we had a bigger sink!

I am happy to report that Ethan and I have adjusted well to the new bathing experience, he has new toys to play with, more water to splash around in and I can move his towels and PJ's out of the dining room! Pretty soon I'm sure he will be swimming in the tub!

Tonight, Derrick and I hung out next to the tub while he splashed an played... he had such a good time. We enjoyed watching him have fun and talked about how fast he is growing... he is so fun to watch... Prime-time TV cannot compete with Mr. Ethan Huffey... we are hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...