I have been trying to keep track of the signs Ethan knows and how well he knows them. People ask all the time how many signs he knows and I can't always remember exactly how many unless I go through all of them and then I seem to miss a few. So I am going to keep this as the list and keep updating it as I go.
Signed "happy" today (1/16/08) while reading a book after nap time. Also knows banana and tries to do it (it looks a lot like "bread").
So far these are the words he can sign: (30)
eat, more, sleep, all done, play, please, bye-bye, milk, apple(not consistant), cracker, bread, banana (hard to tell), cheese (1/10/08), car, dog, happy (1/16/08), friend(not consistant), ball (1/08/08;looks like more), light, fan(ceiling fan), cheese(1/10/08;looks like clapping), toilet(potty), book, train, telephone, hat, happy(1/16/08), medicine (1/?/08), teeth, brush teeth
He is also doing a sign where he pulls his closed fist into his chest (like hugging himself)... I want to think that he is trying to say "I love you" but not quite sure yet! We will keep working at it!
No comments:
Post a Comment