We skipped the cake, we are going to have a huge bash on the 26th to celebrate with family, and I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy his first cake experience then, so dinner was the big deal! Derrick and I sang "Happy Birthday" and I am even trying to teach him the sign for "Happy Birthday" so maybe he will do it at the party (wishful thinking). He really liked us singing to him, so we did it a few times just to make him happy!
This time is going by so fast, it seemed like yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the first time, amazed of the precious little being that we have been blessed with, and now he is walking around, jumping on the dogs and becoming an independent little guy!
People told me how amazing it is to be a parent, but they didn't tell me how you want to hold on to every second that passes, for every moment you spend together seems to be your favorite!
No comments:
Post a Comment