A few weeks ago I cut down the bushes and started to clean out the small pond at the front of our house. Well, I must have done a great job making it look inviting, because we have two new guests that have decided to move in and make themselves comfortable.
Mr. and Mrs. Mallard have been coming and sitting in our shallow, dirty, pond and sleeping in the yard. Ethan and the dogs think they are a lot of fun, and Derrick and I enjoy looking at them too, but we are concerned that they might get hit by a car.
So tonight, we decided to move the ducks to the large pond in the rear of our house. Derrick on one side, and me on the other, with Ethan helping in between, we walked the ducks down to the large pond in the trees where they would be safe. About 20 yards from our goal, after walking across the whole golf course, they decided they didn't like their new location, and flew back towards our house.
I guess we will have to deal with duck poo this spring as they were back later this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment