Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Songs on the Brain

Tonight, at dinner, you could tell by the way Ethan was bobbing his head and making noise, that he had a song in his head. He finally made eye contact with me and said "Ducks say quack, quack and birds say tweet, tweet" with a huge smile on his face. I smiled and told him how silly he was.

A few minutes later he started to get down from his chair. He informed me, "Mines be right back" and headed off to his playroom. Halfway there he turned around and said "Mines not finished eating, mines be right back". I acknowledged and he continued to his playroom where he rummaged through a box of toys. About a minute later he emerged with two cymbals and began to crash them together loudly and dance around in the living room singing a song (not a familiar one, it sounded very made up and over the crashing of the symbols, I couldn't make out anything). This went on for about a minute then he put down the cymbals and climbed back up in his chair and finished dinner. :) I guess when you have a song in your head you have a hard time focusing on eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...