I am now at 37 weeks and things are ready for baby to arrive. I am really getting excited (if that is the right word) for delivery! I don't know if it is the hormones or pregnancy amnesia, but I am actually looking forward to giving birth!!!
I have it in my head (watch me be wrong) that things are going to go quickly and smoothly. I don't feel like I am going to panic at the end like I started to do with Ethan, as I already know that the pain will end as soon as things are over and when it starts to get that bad... things are almost finished. I WILL survive!!
Baby boy #2 is VERY active and at night will move and groove like he is prepping for a marathon. I can't wait to see what his little face looks like and if he is going to look like big brother Ethan, or more like Daddy or me. I am excited to see if he has hair or if he is going to be a baldy like the rest of the family! Will he cry, or be silent and watch like Ethan did when he heard my voice?
I am also looking forward to what Ethan thinks of the whole experience. We are planning on allowing him into the delivery room if he decides he wants to be included, as I want this to be a whole family experience of welcoming baby boy #2 to the world. We have done a lot of prepping, and have watched his own birth video (nothing graphic, just my face most of the time) a few times and we plan on watching it again later this week to discuss things further. He enjoys watching the Baby Story on TLC and I believe he understands what will go on during labor, and this should help him feel comfortable.
Derrick is also getting excited and is starting to touch the belly more and ask more questions about what we are going to do once things get started.
Pregnancy and birth are amazing, and I am so thankful that God has blessed us with one more opportunity to experience this miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment