Monday, May 12, 2014

Running in the Rain

Today it rained on and off almost all day.  The kids and I decided to make the most of it and went for a short run around Copper Creek Lake in between heavy downpours.  This is a terrible photo (no time to focus when you are trying to keep your phone out of the rain) but I'm sure you can see how excited the kids were to be going out in the rain.

Ethan is gearing up for his first 5K run in June, so he ran with me while the other two enjoyed the ride in the jogging stroller.  It's been sometime since I've jogged with the stroller, so one lap around was all I could manage today (1.2 miles).  

It was a good thing too, for I just finished asking the kids "Do you want to walk around the whole lake again or head home for lunch?" When the sky let loose a heavy downpour!

It was fun and they look forward to running tomorrow.  This time Everett is going to run too.  He wants to do the Tot Trot in June with Ethan, so he is going to start training.  Funny kids.

The kids were excited to run in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...