Monday, April 20, 2015

Adjusting... Almost 1 Week In


Eli is 6 days old now, and things are going pretty well.  The first few nights he slept great, only waking a few times to nurse in the night, but he made up for it in the evenings by having a marathon nursing session (nurse, poo, nurse, poo, nurse, poo...) from 6pm - 10pm almost every evening.  

During the day he can go about 2 hours in between feedings, and is pretty alert for the most part, searching around for something to focus his tiny eyes on, but the evenings have been the hardest with the cluster feeding demands.  

Other than that (and the fact that we almost always have another child in our bed during the night), we've been getting more sleep than expected.  I'm thankful and will not complain too much.

It's such a blessing to have meals coming in from friends to help with dinner.  Derrick has been able to heat up what is in the fridge, prepare everyone a plate, and bring my food to me while I'm camped out on the couch, feeding and snuggling baby Eli.  It's perfect, and I know he loves having something other than pizza and mac and cheese for a change.  

The boys are doing great in regards to the adjustment of a baby in the house, and Elliot cannot pass out enough kisses to everyone during the day.  Today he said "Ethan's job is to clean the kitchen, Everett's job is to clean the living room, and I'm the kisser... I give Eli kisses."  So sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...