Friday, February 8, 2008

Snow Experience



We have had a lot of snow this winter, and Ethan has had a limited exposure to it due to the cold temperatures and his fear of touching anything that he doesn't know what it is.

A while back I took him outside just for a few minutes so I could at least have a picture of him playing in the snow. That event went well, he sat in the snow, all bundled up, and pushed the snow around with his mittens.

So this past snowfall (I think we got around 8 inches) I decided we needed to get some pictures of him on a sled. Derrick's mom let me borrow one of their sleds and I bundled Ethan up again and took him outside to play in the snow.

So, I put him on the sled in our front yard and pulled him around. He looked like he was having a fun time and we kept going, taking pictures and cruising around the yard. I took him up the snow pile we had next to the drive and back down and he was fine... I stopped at the bottom, stepped back and went to take a picture. Just as I pushed the button, he tumbled forward and went face first into the 6-8 inches of fluffy white snow! What was I thinking? He wasn't strapped in and he was on a slight incline so he easily tumbled off the sled. I picked him up, brushed the snow off his face, tried to calm him down and put him back on the sled.

He was fine, a bit cautious but fine... until it happened again! Instantly I picked him up, now he was really ticked, kicking and screaming and flailing his arms. I rushed him inside, dried off his face, stripped off his clothes and snuggled him until the crying stopped. I knew he wasn't physically hurt, but hopefully I didn't scar him for life... poor baby!

Later that evening when Derrick came home we tried to get him to play with the snow in a large bowl inside... he didn't want anything to do with it... maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...