Ethan had a busy day and had a few "firsts" to put down for the record.
The day started out with a vistit to Dr. Timboe to get his stitches removed, he was a very good boy, didn't like us holding him down again and cried while we did so, but he was a great sport. Poor baby... I hope he doesn't have to go through that again, ever.
After getting his stitches removed, I figured he needed to do something fun... and it was about 40 outside and windy so the park was out of the question. We met a friend at the Des Moines Botanical Center and ate lunch and walked around seeing the waterfall, fish and even spotted a turtle! Ethan had fun running around with his little friend, Jack, and it was nice to be somewhere warm and green for a change.
The rest of our day was pretty normal until after dinner. Ethan got down from his highchair after eating and said "poop" and headed for the bathroom. I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty and he started to climb up on his own potty. I figured if he was going to poop then he might as well poop on the big potty so I moved his potty seat to the big potty and took off his diaper. Well, he had already pooped, he must have pooped when he was in his highchair... but I put him on the potty anyway and we read a book. A few minutes later he went pee on the toilet and then wanted to get down.
We then went upstairs to take a bath. Ethan loves his baths and was splashing around having a great time when all of the sudden he stopped and gave me a funny look. He looked at me really serious and then before I knew it, the tub was filled with green floating poo! "Oh, Ethan you pooped in the bathtub" was the first thing that came out of my mouth, as I opened the drain to let out the water. I had no idea how I was going to get the poop out so I figured it would just wash down the drain... yuck I know, but what was I supposed to do... fish it out with my hands? No thanks, I can barely chopp chicken right now without wanting to gag, let alone pick up poop.
Ethan then started to FREAK OUT! He looked at the poop floating around him like it was going to eat him up... and started to whine and look at me for help. I tried not to smile, let alone laugh, because I knew that he had no idea what the "invaders" were in his tub and he was not interested in learning at that moment.
I lifted him from the tub, rescuing him from the "poo water", and we watched together as the poo floated down the drain. I explained to Ethan what it was we were watching and after it was all gone, rinsed the tub and we started bathtime all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment