Saturday, April 5, 2008

Springtime Clean Up

Today was a beautiful day, a little windy, but a great day for a change! It was so nice in fact that we decided to hold our first ever, Huffey family yard sale! Derrick and I have been "decluttering" our house for the past few weeks and getting rid of some unused items that have been just collecting dust for the last 4 years that we have lived here.
I have been a Craigslist addict and have made some extra cash selling my "junk" which is nice. I posted the ad that we would be having a yard sale on Craigslist.org and around 9AM started hauling all my "junk" to the front yard. I couldn't believe all the people that stopped, I guess that is one of the benefits of living on a busy street, more traffic!

While we were having the sale, Ethan and Derrick were playing outside in the leaves, raking and scooping them into bags. This was Ethan's first time really playing in the leaves, he didn't really have too much interest in them last year, and he seemed to have a great time.
We didn't have a mini sized rake, something we will need to get in the future, so we used a pasta server (you know, the thing that looks like a claw) and he had a good time pushing the leaves around with that!
Ethan LOVES spending time outside and I am in search of a little toy car or something that he can ride around in that is a little more safe than him running around on the pavement, almost tripping at every other step. He thinks it is so cool to walk on the sidewalk, and sometimes refuses to hold my hand, which results in a battle of its own, but mostly will walk along with me, as long as we keep walking... we can't slow down one bit or he gets cranky!

When Derrick and I go for a jog, Ethan's latest thing is that he wants to get out of the stroller when we slow to a walk (at the end of our jog) and walk with us. He is so cute toddling down the sidewalk with us and the big stroller. He is turning into such a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...