Wednesday, April 14, 2010

34 weeks


Baby is really making himself known over the last week or so with his movements and kicking the heck out of my ribs! We have decided on a name, although Ethan still wants to put his name in the middle name, and all the baby clothes are washed and hung in the closet with burp towels, diapers and tiny socks.

Ethan helped me put the bouncy seat together and get the car seat ready, and we are still on the hunt for the bars to finish setting up the co-sleeper. I WILL find them, but it is taking forever to go through all the boxes in the storage room, so I am glad we still have 6 weeks left!

I have started nesting, and am taking the deep cleaning in baby steps and clearing out unloved items at the same time, and Derrick has even started to get organized in the garage! Whoo-hoo!

My OB appointment went well today, with a total weight gain on paper coming in at 24 lbs! I am still in shock, since I gained so much with Ethan, but it is completely normal and baby is doing great, so I am not going to argue. I just hope it comes off easy!

Every morning Ethan jumps in bed with Derrick and I and snuggles between us to talk with the baby. He has been making up songs to sing to him, but occasionally belts out the ABC song or Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star, because he thinks that those are a few of the baby's favorite songs. I love this time together in the morning.

Every time he sees my belly exposed, he runs over to me and gives it kisses as well as tells the baby he is "such a good boy"! He is going to be such a great big brother!

Ethan is totally in love with this belly and I thank God every morning for such a wonderful experience and pregnancy! I am getting sad to see this pregnancy end, but can't wait to meet our little boy bundle and see big brother Ethan kiss him on his sweet little face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...