Friday, April 23, 2010

Baby Washcloths / Eco Wipes

My second sewing project is in full swing.

After Ethan outgrew the baby washcloths I purchased for him as a baby, I turned them into cloth napkins and have been using them for the last few years wiping noses, cleaning messy hands and faces, and at the kitchen table.

I am thinking of cloth diapering baby boy #2 and wanted some cloth wipes as well as some new bathing washcloths. I picked up some fabric on sale, and decided I could sew two squares together to make a wipe.

I cut all the pieces tonight, and managed to complete three washcloths. They look nice and I am stoked I to have used and succeeded at my first attempt of a zig-zag stitch.




The front is a soft cotton flannel and the back is a nice fluffy cotton terry cloth.

I have been having some problems with the sewing machine (it won't keep the tension all the time) so I ended up stopping with three and will be calling Grandpa Collins in the morning to see if he can figure out what is going on. I'm sure it is an operator error.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...