Monday, April 12, 2010

Preschool Theatre

Today, a friend had a great idea to read the story of 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' to the kids and then have them act out the story. I didn't have high expectations for this, as I didn't know if 3 and 4 year olds would focus long enough to put on a play... but we went along with it.

So I read the story, then after reading we set up the basement for the different scenes in the story. I asked for four volunteers to be the different characters of the story. Ethan chose to be Mama Bear.

I started to narate the story and I was amazed how well the kids remembered what they were to say with each character and they even changed their voices at times to act surprised and sad.

It was a great experience and I think we will have a few more theatre days down the road! Maybe we will do this one again and get it on video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...