Sunday, May 27, 2012

Everett is turning 2!


Today we celebrated Everett's 2nd birthday with family.  He had a great day, and once he realized that all the attention was on him, he basked in it! 

Last night I started on his cake, while both boys were asleep, and got most of it done.  Keep in mind that this is the first time I have actually had the cake done before the day of the party, so this morning I had the boys help me put the finishing touches on it. They had a blast crushing cookies and when I got out the trucks, they were so excited!  "Wow... this cake is the best Mom... I wish it was my cake... I want to have a truck party!" said Ethan after we had it all finished.  Later on in the day he was overheard talking to Everett saying "Don't you just love OUR cake?"






I went easy in the food department, with tea sized turkey and ham sandwiches, veggie tray, fruit salad, cheese puffs and chips and dip.  My mom helped get everything set up when she arrived, so things went pretty fast.


After we all ate, Everett opened gifts.  He was actually really gentle about the opening and I was surprised that he didn't insist on playing with all his presents before opening the rest.  He got a lot of great things from all of our generous family, and went right to playing with everything after he was finished giving hugs to everyone.



Ethan helped read the cards.






Last but not least, we did the cake, and Everett really thought this was special.  He instantly beamed from ear to ear once we started singing "Happy Birthday" and tried with all his might to blow out his candles.  I purchased the candles from Target and they were labeled as "sparkle candles" but little did we know, that they would relight themselves.  Poor little guy, he ended up blowing them out about 3 or 4 times before Ethan and I came to the rescue. 




After cake we enjoyed talking with family while Ethan and Everett played with all the new toys.  It was a fun day!  I feel so blessed we have so many family members we could share this special day with!  Thank you to those who traveled near and far to spend the day with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...