Saturday, June 2, 2012

38 weeks and counting!


38 weeks pregnant with baby #3
I am now 38 weeks pregnant!  Wow... it won't be long now!  This week has been much better and I am making a lot of progress around the house.  It is a good feeling when your energy spikes towards the end... I don't know if it is hormonal, or just the anticipation of baby, but it is really helping me to keep on track and get things done.  My contractions / Braxton Hicks have started to slow down a little more too, which is a nice break, but then again I like feeling them as I know that they mean that work is being done, so I will see what next week brings. 

Everett's birthday has passed, so I am feeling the "green light" to start to prepare my body for delivery, so the neighbors will be seeing a lot more of our family walking the neighborhood.  I have even started to cook a little more at home and Derrick is really loving that! 

I changed my mind, again, on what bedding to put in the nursery, but now I am committed as it is washed and ready to go.  I really have a desire over the next week to get that room in order, as I would love to have a place outside of our bedroom that I can nap the little guy.  Right now the dresser I picked up on Craigslist (intending to refinish and use in the basement as an entertainment stand) has been moved into his room and I am needing to hang some photos on the walls and add a few touches to personalize the room a little bit.

I get butterflies thinking of the first time I will see his face and can't wait to experience his birth (yes, I am a crazy woman), it is such an amazing experience!  I pray that things will go smoothly and that he will be healthy and ready for this world, and I also pray that when the time comes, the boys are obedient and patient while waiting with Grandma and Grandpa.

It won't be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...