This seems to be the question lately, and today, again... I really thought that I was in labor.
I had a hard time sleeping early this morning, and from about 4AM to about 6AM I was drifting in and out of sleep and being woke up by strong Braxton Hicks or contractions. Finally at 6AM I sent a text to Derrick's Mom to see if she was awake and let her in on what was happening. She was going to be leaving for Nicole's softball tournament at 8, so I figured I should find out if these "contractions" were real or fake before she headed out of town. The tournament is about 45 minutes away.
We spoke on the phone and during the conversation I had a few contractions. It seemed they were about 10 minutes apart, so I decided to get up, take a shower and see how things progressed. Standing, I could tell that these were "real" and got excited as I got ready for the day. Then things changed again.
I went from having them every 7-8 minutes to skipping them every now and then, so the gap would be 14-15 minutes. Then I had some irregular Braxton Hicks in between and then around 10AM they faded almost completely. I did have some other signs that showed that I was actually making some progress during that time frame, but really, when I stalled out for good... the emotional flood gates broke and I busted into tears.
Derrick, being as compassionate as possible with an overdue pregnant wife, suggested that we go on a walk and maybe grab some food out somewhere since it was getting close to lunch. Everett and Ethan both snuggled me as I sobbed, concerned for my sadness. I truly am blessed to have such wonderful men in my home to comfort me when I need it!
So, we went for a walk, ate down the street at Legends, and then walked home. While we ate I had a few contractions and then along the way home had a few too. My friend suggested that I do a positioning series when I got home, called the Miles Circuit, and it looks like things have started back up (for now anyway!).
I'm sitting in the living room on my exercise ball "aka birthing ball", near Ethan who is engaged in a video game while Everett and Derrick nap. It seems there is a thunderstorm coming into our area, as the west is getting dark, and I can hear thunder in the distance. Maybe things are starting back up? Who knows!
I do know I am getting closer and closer with every painful contraction, so I should be happy for that, and I also know that I will not be pregnant for ever, so this I can look forward to as well.
For right now I am going to sit tight and see what happens. Maybe we will have a baby today yet... and maybe not. God knows best, and his timing is perfect.
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7
No comments:
Post a Comment