The day was beautiful for a hike. Slightly cool in the shade and warm in the sun. Perfect. Peaceful.
Derrick and I really didn't know exactly where we wanted to hike, but just followed the path. It was nice to be outside together enjoying the beautiful day.
There were a few geocaches on the list that I wanted to spot, so we started for Croc Rock first. When we arrived at the geozone, the couple I helped previously was there resting and sorting through the contents, so we went ahead some to give them time. When we came back we saw an older couple that we had passed before on the trail as well. We stopped to chat with them and then introduced them to geocaching as well. They were excited to get started hunting for caches. That geobug is pretty contagious! Ahhhchooo! Watch out!
As we walked, I noticed a lot of the low twigs and small trees had this black crust (possibly an egg case of some insect?) on it. I decided to photograph it for future research at home. So far I haven't found anything that looks similar. ???
| What is this? |
| Do you see the Croc? He is waiting with his mouth open. |
| Here he is, with a geocache in his mouth. |
| The red kayaks are our friends who decided to go out on the lake. |
| Every turn reviled a beautiful view. |
| More people kayaking |
| Almost to Balanced Rock... |
| Balanced Rock (the hike down to this rock was painful) |
| After Balanced Rock we hiked over to Devil's Doorway |
| Very cool! |
| This was worth the hike down all those slippery rocks. |
| This is the East Woods Trail and must also be an access road. |
| Then we were back to where we started. We made one big loop around the East Bluff. |
![]() |
| Beautiful signs of Spring! |
To My Dear and Loving Husband
by Anne Bradstreet
If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that Rivers cAnneot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompetence.
Thy love is such I can no way repay.
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persever That when we live no more, we may live ever.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that Rivers cAnneot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompetence.
Thy love is such I can no way repay.
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persever That when we live no more, we may live ever.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment