Saturday, June 7, 2014

Celebrating with Family: Everett is 4!!

 

 
We had a great time celebrating with Mr. Everett today with extended family.  He had his very own birthday party with his very own cake and had a great time lettin' loose with all the family!

It was chaos when everyone started arriving.  The kids were in the living room dancing to Go Fish "Party Like a Preschooler" CD (mainly the "Five Little Monkey's" song) while bopping balloons around and I was trying to keep my head above water in the kitchen.  Luckily, I had my parents in the kitchen with me to keep me moving forward and cleaning up as I went along.  (It would be so nice if I had a clean up crew and extra set of hands every time I was in the kitchen!  Thanks Mom and Shannon!!)

I had asked Everett about his party requests when brainstorming the party details, and he was all over the place with his responses.  What should we make for food?  His reply: Candy.  After further discussion, it came down to white cake with pudding filling and cookie crumbles, pasta of some sort with garlic bread, lots of people and of course, present opening!

Tough one to plan a theme around, so I figured it was going to be a "Some of Everett's Favorite Things" party and just did my best.

The cake on my end was a flop... the cake itself was good, and the filling, but the frosting wouldn't hold up, so I went to plan B = chocolate frosting from the store.  It worked, but the decorating didn't go so hot... and everyone kept asking me what it was on the cake... Ha!!

Everett had been playing somewhere else while I had been decorating the cake, so when he got upstairs he rushed into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator door to see my progress.  We all stood around to see his reaction.  "Just what I wanted!" he exclaimed, with a large grin on his face.  Pheww!  That was all I needed to hear!  Mission accomplished!

He was showered with love and gifts today, and made to be the center of attention, so I think he had a great day!  Happy Birthday Everett!  We love you!

Everett, sitting down to some CHOW.  Pesto cream pasta, garlic bread, strawberries and grapes.

Nicole and Derrick helping themselves to pasta selections.  Pesto Cream, Garlic Cream, and Marinara with Zucchini.

We also had garlic bread, fruit, veggies and salad.

After food and playtime, Everett started opening gifts.


Remote control boat from Grandma and Grandpa Huffey

He was like a tornado opening gifts!

Money!

It was one of the fastest present opening sessions to date!  He left behind a debris of gifts.


 
Hugs to everyone!

Then Derrick brought out the big gift.
Surprise!

A new bike.  (Ethan's old bike is having issues with the chain constantly falling off.)

He was very excited!
 
The cake: approved by the Birthday Boy, complete with dirt, rocks, grass, a tent, sleeping bag, campfire and chocolate!






 




Yumm!


It was Uncle Chris' Birthday too!  He turned 39 today!


They couldn't resist opening the boats and taking them for a spin at the pond behind our house.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...