Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Life



We had a few days of heavy rain, so today we decided to check on our bird friends. Mommy Robin was in the nest so we waited a while until she left to take a peek. She let us look and we were suprised on our find! A new baby bird!


I was quick, took the picture then went inside to watch from the window. The Mommy didn't come back while we watched, but later on we saw her coming and going from the nest.

While we were out we checked on the Mourning Doves that were nesting in the gutter. I figured they were going to be soaked due to all the rain we have had, and sure enough their nest was pretty messed and it looked as though they had gotten wet. The Mama wasn't around, and I was worried that the birds were not okay... we will have to watch and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...